Tuesday 1 July 2008

Back and ready for some Czech Stories

Hello again folks. Well the scribe has returned from over the pond. This isn't my own private blog so I promise to refrain from telling New York stories except to say that on our first night there we went to see the legend that is Les Paul play at the Iridium Jazz club. He was amazing (if I am as sprightly as him at 93 I will be a happy girlie) but in the middle of his set what should he play but my favourite (see previous blog post) song the "Tennessee Waltz'. As you can imagine I found it pretty difficult to keep a straight face. It was a little different from our Czech friend's rendition!

It would be great to start posting stories and memories of our Czech trip up here on the blog over the next few weeks, so Rudsambee members (and others of course) this is your chance to share your thoughts with the world (ok so that sounds a little grand but trust me it is quite liberating). Just drop stories, quips and general comments to my email and we'll put them up.

Rudsambee have a couple of weeks off for good behaviour but we'll be back rehearsing next week, preparing for our August concert.

Before I sign off I do feel it is important at this juncture to say a huge THANK YOU to Anne for organising our trip. We all had a really amazing time and it was largely due to Anne's planning. When she finally left us to enjoy a well earned break in Prague we stood on the platform for quarter of hour (seriously) trying to decide what to do next. I need say no more. Anne, you are the best!

so long for now
CSW

No comments: