Monday 5 October 2009

Better late than never...

...a thousand apologies oh blog fans for the delay in posting this week. I could give a 'dog ate my homework' type excuse but I don't really have one. I am up to my ears in Canadian Literature and job things, perhaps that will do. So it will have to be a quick run down this week. You will however be getting two (yes, that's right, two) posts this week though, so hopefully that will appease the readership. This is due to a concert (I know! A what?). I haven't really mentioned this yet, largely due to the fact that I keep forgetting we are actually performing this week. Fortunately Anne has not forgotten and emailed the Rudsambee-lets with detailed distractions/instructions this week. Once again (as a running theme from last week) thank goodness for Anne. We are doing a concert in Falkland (a place in Fife, not to be confused with the British overseas territory - on second thoughts I wee jaunt through the the Falklands would be jolly - ah well, for now we will have to be content with the ancient Kingdom). We are performing on Saturday night at 7.30 in Falkland Parish Church so come along if you are in the vicinity. It would be great to see you there.

So last Wednesday. To be honest, it was a long time ago and my notes are somewhat confused (understandably given the the incompetence of the writer). From what I can remember (ha!) Natalie led us in a wonderful warmup which included a version of the William Tell Overture (hark at me!) using the words 'Many men' repeatedly. Jen's eyes lit up at the very idea!

We then bashed through a number of pieces including the new Victoria (which we actually remembered) and 'Dormi Jesu' (which we nearly remembered). Highlight of the night for me was (sorry Claire 2) 'Margot'. We now have quartets for this wee ditty which will make the whole thing more jolly. I think I can award myself with the trophy for 'poorest effort in singing quick French' though I was nearly pipped at the post for this most illustrious of awards by most of the other members of Rudsambee. How all the words will fit in I do not know. Mirren, you would have had your head in your hands and your fingers in your ears (if such a dual action is even possible...*blogstress trying this*...ah yes you can, but you do look silly). What larks!

And so it is back to the lecture planning. I wish one and all a happy sun-filled week.

CSW

1 comment:

leonora68 said...

Ah, Margot and her damn vigne-vignolets. They were the cause of an infamous performance debacle at St John's (West End Princes St) circa 1996. I have blocked out the details but it involved, yes, quartets and yes, singing very fast in French. So actually, on this occasion, you have my whole-hearted sympathies. Better luck this time!