Thursday 17 December 2009

Rudsambee Christmas Party

Morning Blog Fans, and morning bleary-eyed Rudsambeelets. It was our annual Rudsambee Christmas Party last night and as usual there was much fun, banter and FOOD. Goodness, the Rudsambeelets know how to put on a spread. We even got to take potatoes home with us after Mr Wexler bought a whole bag (and I mean a sack!) from Costco for under a fiver (other reasonably priced sacks of root vegetables are available). Susan's summer pudding and Jenny's Banoffee were a welcome treat, as was a certain Blogstress's cheesecake...

Christmas party


I could fill you in on the Rudsambee chatter but, to be honest, most of it didn't make much sense to us let alone to anyone else! Suffice to say our conversation touched on such varied topics as A-L's wonderful green hat, gender politics, the problem of dyslexia (and other Greek/Latin (?) words) and, in the most random moment of the night, the merits of Michael Buble serving us red cabbage goulash.

Christmas party


Since the blogstress is currently packing her bags (or at least should be packing her bags) for her move to the Promised Land (I joke, of course!) Jen led a very jolly "ode to blogstress" which made me go red and feel sad/happy. I got lots of wonderful little prezzies and a gorgeous painted penguin (as decorated by our resident Tony Hart herself, Claire 2) which I have named Tormis in honour of my favourite Estonian composer. Thank you Jen, Claire and all the Rudsambeelets for making me feel so special.

Tormis the penguin


I would imagine that Editor Boy will put up some photos at some stage for your perusal so you'll be able to see us all in our glad rags including Maestro Boy who wore Long Johns (amongst other clothing items) and Kay who wore a fabulous dress that was £8 from a charity shop - bonza!

Christmas party


So one concert left before I hang up my, hmm... not sure what one hangs up if one is a singer. Perhaps my folder, or my red scarf? See you in Cranshaws. I'm hoping for snow!

CSW

Departing Diva

No comments: