Saturday 19 December 2009

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

So I begin my final post. Last will and testament and all that. You should be reading a fun-filled story of Rudsambee in Cranshaws. However, we didn't make it, beaten by the snowy weather. We got as far as Meadowbank, Helen and co as far as Cameron Toll and Anne (very wisely) decided to stay at home. The snow turned to slush and has now frozen solid (I've just slid about during a wee trip to Granton for ice-cream - yes, you hear right). Friendly Dave in Cranshaws made the final call and we (and I'm sure the inhabitants of Cranshaws) went home disappointed. In order to organise all this chopping and changing, we used the obligatory mobile phones, wondering what on earth we did before the invention of the cell, as our American friends would have it. At one point all four of us in Alison's car were on the phone. This engendered some funny cross-lines conversations.

The Rudsambeelets went, instead, to Claire 2's for mulled wine. A-L even had time to make spectacular chocolate brownie. I then, as per tradition, had the joy (tearful joy) of having the Irish Blessing sung to me as this is last time I will officially be a Rudsambeelet. Blogstress is off to the sunnier climes of England and the beautiful wee city of Lincoln. We are, of course, very excited about the move, but there are a number of things we will miss a lot. I have loved my four and a half years in Rudsambee. Thanks to all the fantastic Rudsambeelets for your friendship and for the chance to sing in probably the most talented mixed voice acappella 'company of singers' ever to have graced the back room carpet of Chez Wexler.

So I never got to cry my way through a final version of O Magnum Mysterium though I did shed a wee tear during the Irish Blessing and my round of hugs. I move from Blogstress to chief supporter and groupie, and hang up my blog 'pen' of wit and wonderment. Thanks for reading. In line with the long-expected change of Dr Who this Christmas, I will be handing the keyboard to a new (probably somewhat improved) Blogstress.

So off I go in my TARDIS to new challenges and new galaxies...

Hugs, love and muchos thanks to all. Here's to a happy, blessed New Year.
What larks!

CSW

No comments: