Sunday 8 August 2010

More from Jenny

So, to Luke's horror, out came quite a few oldies (music, not choir members you understand). Starting with Jede Sedlak, we were instructed to be bouncy and energetic. Whereupon our most energetic bass, Sebastian, looked absolutely terrifyingly manic with his bounciness. And once started he was like a pogo-stick and couldn't stop! This encouraged Anne to have a go (I tell you, if she goes at her garden with as much vitality it is not surprising it's worthy of the Chelsea Flower Show!). Anne and I (well, there was nothing stopping me joining in) had a wee dance and "seriously," said Anne, "there should be more of it!" The whole song was uplifted and sounded fresh, and it really set the tone for the whole evening. Go Sebastian, schatz!

Actually, he did go. On his bottom, on the floor, to roll when asked to roll the 'r's (NOT meaning the rear end!) when purring in Kiisu Misu. Angus nearly had me rolling on the floor with the facial contortions he was making in trying to purr. Enough about the basses! Honestly, last week it was Luke stealing the blog page! The basses are taking over!! AAARGH!

Onto more serious stuff. CHATTING in the rehearsal. Tut tut, Anne and Kay. Classic line from Ollie: "Just because you're holding your folders up doesn't mean I don't know what you're up to!"

Protested Kay, "But there's been a fire. It's really serious." He didn't think it was serious enough, and said it could wait until after the rehearsal.

Ollie asked if anyone knew a violinist to play for the Hebrew Love Songs. I said my wee boy has just had his second violin lesson, and Susan said something sarcastic about it but I didn't catch what exactly...

Now, which piece was it where Ollie said he wasn't going to go over and over it, but did anyway!? La Tricotea. The words, as the title might suggest, are indeed tricky. And to our horror, we're doing the second verse as well. The sopranos had a chance to sit and smirk at us poor lower voices, as they don't sing in this piece.

So, all will come together at the Ross Band Stand on the 15th August at 10am. And as I can't think of anymore funny people to write about, I'd better go and do the big Tesco shopping.

J

ps

Message from Thomas:

I am fine. Currently I am applying for next year, as my contract runs out next year September. I won't know before January...

As you were asking for good news: I am going to marry my dear Steffi next year in August (... writing this actually brought back the memory of you asking me about my boyfriend... I still find this hilarious...)

Please, tell everyone my regards.

And one from Ollie2:-

Best wishes to all of you. I've been trying to find a choir that is as cool as Rudsambee in London, and there doesn't seem to be one. You're too wonderfully unique...

No comments: