Saturday 7 June 2008

Pretty in Pink

Good evening gentlefolks.

A short (I hope) post just to let you know about the current uniform crisis to hit Rudsambee. For anyone who has been involved in the group over the years you will be well aware of the 'uniform controversy' which actually caused a number of people to almost loose their sanity. What indeed should Rudsambee wear for concerts? Well we've tried "Citrus and Honey", tartan accessories, blue and green, red and green (Christmas only- the yuletide tree look is very in, don't you know) and some rather fabulous t-shirts. As a result we have ended up with a Rudsambee wardrobe that is considerably bigger that our own everyday collections. I myself have three blue shirts of various styles including a shiny turquoise one that Chris likes.

Recently (after the longest discussion ever - I am eternally glad that we do not have to solve the crises of the world) we have moved to black with red accessories for the ladies (note to self - I really must buy a 'red something' that isn't my usual scarf for our Czech tour - wool is all very well for Rosslyn in Winter but for Susice in Summer?) and red shirts for the gentlemen (dyed I seem to remember by either Jenny or Susan [Chris says: thanks a bunch, I spent weeks on those bloody things]). Of course our tenors and basses always look very dashing but gradually the shirts have faded and Ollie in particular is now sporting a very fetching shade of pink. In fact they are so pink as to draw the attention of Scotland's premier newsreader David Robertson who we shared a stage with in Glasgow at Christmas. I seem to remember he made a sarcastic (but sadly accurate) comment about pink and girls. He even sniggered as I recall. We would re-dye the shirts but the company no longer make the right shade and the cost has gone up. So for the foreseeable future our gentlemen will continue to wear pink. I for one think they look really rather marvellous :-)

CSW

No comments: