Thursday 21 August 2008

Do I get a prize?

Well, I definitely broke a record last night. I arrived at choir at 9.30 exactly after a long meeting. It seemed that everyone had had a great night though and apparently the Carver actually sounded like a piece of music this evening. I should stay away more often! Then we discussed future plans which include tour possibilities and a concert of a very jolly piece called 'Cloudburst'. Watch this space for more info folks. So, since I missed the rehearsal, the question is, what to write in the blog today? So I thought I'd take this opportunity to welcome our newest member Angus. He is our latest bass and, in spite of the name, is actually an Aussie. We hope you'll settle in quickly and look forward to singing alongside you, Angus. I could give you lots of warnings and words of advice but I'll leave you to find it all out yourself!
Following on from my last post, here is a young gentleman playing the theremin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3lU3bgOgE). He actually does a version of 'Video Killed the Radiostar', not only the best pop song ever written and the first video to be played on MTV, but also a song I had the pleasure of hearing Asia perform with Geoff Downes (legendary ex-Buggle) in a silver jacket- now that was a musical event.
Enjoy the day folks.
CSW

No comments: