Thursday 7 January 2010

Bloggetty blog

So, here I am. Claire Too – and apparently destined always to be so, when I was SO looking forward to becoming number 1. And I’m only an Alto so will never take my rightful place as replacement diva either. I am stamping my (rather large) foot in a fit of pique, btw. And tossing my head. And curling my lip. Get the picture???

In spite of bitter disappointment and irreparable damage to my self-confidence I have agreed to take Claire1's place the only way I am allowed – to whit, as chief blogger. I believe she referred to herself as ‘blogstress’ but I shall attempt to find my own appellation over the next few weeks so watch this space. (Something will occur to me eventually).

First post-Christmas meeting last night which involved no singing but much munching of Quality Street, imbibing of mulled wine (yum, thank you, John) and lengthy discussion, none of which I shall relay to you here except for the joyous news that we will be singing in Rosslyn Chapel (again, at last) on Saturday December 11th. Put it in your diaries, folksies. Yes, I know – thinking about next Christmas already while there are is a little unreal but it has to be done. Once you’ve made a note of the above you can forget about it until nearer the time – well, at least until September (or will it be August this year?) when the shops start selling decorations.

As I really wasn’t aware that I would be called upon to write this I wasn’t really listening out for amusing anecdotes or juicy gossip last night so forgive me that this blog is rather on the thin side (unlike me at the moment. Who asked for all that food and chocolate, anyway? Really, some people have no consideration) – I will attempt to do better in future though make no promises as we all know I have quite some job to do to follow Mrs Warden.

Happy New Year, y’all. See you next week.

No comments: