Thursday 4 December 2008

Opening night is upon us...as is a nasty cough!

Welcome blog fans to the final post before we begin our Christmas concerts. A quick run down on last night's dress rehearsal (dress being the operative word as we wrapped ourselves in scarves and hats and gloves - ooo some Betinis in there for you there - in the coldest building this side of Christendom, Priestfield church). In fact my general chilliness might be largely due to not feeling too well. In fact, most of the Rudsambeelets have come down with something - an occupational hazard of choral singing I'm afraid. Lots of coughs and cold. Christopher had been to Boots (other reputable pharmaceutical establishments are available) and stocked up with lots of goodies including some rather brilliant Vit C/Probiotic granules. Like a sherbet fountain without the licorice bit and with a well... different taste - I can't even describe it but it makes your eyes water. I recommend getting your fix today - they are giving them away free at Boots if you buy any cold-related product. Yum!

Anyways, back to the music. Last night's rehearsal was long and tiring but good fun. Rather excitingly we had a clarsach and and brass band no less. Goodness, we are really branching out! The trumpets etc accompany us in a rousing rendition of 'We Three Kings'. The sops have a funny high jazzy line but the highlight is surely the three kings themselves: Christopher, Oliver 2 and Robin. Robin even had a woolly hat on that looked like a crown! It got us thinking... a nativity would be fun. I could wear a teatowel on my head as well as the next person. Claire 2 proceeded to tell us a rather distressing story about her thwarted chance to be Mary. Ask her about it... or rather don't, it is a tear-jerker.

Big excitement of the evening was holding a copy of the new CD. Ran home (actually I got the bus) to listen to it. Pretty impressed even though I guess I might be a little biased. Get your copy now... except my mum who is getting it for Christmas: don't you dare buy a copy!

Hopefully we'll see as many of you as possible at Canongate on Saturday night. It is going to be great... or at least eclectic and interesting. Do come along if you can.

I'm going to get my sleep now, like a proper pro.

CSW

No comments: